Do you want to customize your Toyota Tacoma with an impressive lift kit? If you wish to turn your Tacoma into an off-roading beast, or you want to make your Tacoma look a lot cooler, then this guide has you covered.
Before you go ahead and buy a Tacoma lift kit, please remember to pay very close attention to the details of the kit! Not all kits are designed equally and remember that some kits are designed to make your car better at off-roading. Other kits are for cosmetic purposes and increased ground clearance.
It’s also critically important to make sure that the lift kit you are considering fits your exact car model and year. Safety is always of the utmost importance, as is the health of your Tacoma, which is why choosing the right Tacoma lift kit is crucial.
To learn more about how to choose the best Tacoma lift kit without all the technical confusion, then read this guide. You’ll discover what to look for in a Tacoma lift kit. You’ll also learn how to find the best Tacoma lift kits, and you’ll learn about five of the most popular and well-reviewed Tacoma lift kits.
What to Look for In a Tacoma Lift Kit
Before you decide on a Tacoma lift kit, please consider these important factors:
- Fit – The fit of your Tacoma lift kit is going to determine how much new height you can expect to gain. Pay close attention to this detail, so you know what to expect with your new kit. Your fit can dramatically impact your Tacoma’s suspension, cosmetic style, and ground clearance, so this is important.
- Front or Back – Not all Tacoma lift kits offer a full lift. Some lift kits are specifically designed to provide a front lift. On the other hand, some Tacoma lift kits are designed to raise the front and back. Pay very close attention to this detail, so you can get the exact look and style that you want.
- Warranty – It’s always a good idea to look at the warranty for any lift kit components that you buy for your Tacoma. It can help to increase your confidence in the manufacturer if they proudly and boldly promote their warranty information.
- Ease of Installation – Some lift kits are straightforward to install; others might require a little more effort. Try your best to look at the instructions provided on the manufacturer’s website to get a better idea of what to expect. It can also be a genius move to read reviews of real customers to get a better indication as to the level of difficulty.
Another thing you might love to look for is before and after pictures provided by real customer reviews on popular e-commerce sites like Amazon. Seeing is believing. You want your Tacoma to look awesome. Seeing actual pictures of Tacoma’s sporting different lift kits can be the best indication of how your Tacoma might look after installation.
How To Find the Best Tacoma Lift Kits
When you’re choosing the best Tacoma lift kits, there are a few variables to consider. The first most vital variable to ask is why do you want to customize your Tacoma with a lift kit. Do you want your Tacoma to look more rad, or do you want to go off-roading? Maybe you want to install some oversized tires, and so you need more height?
Don’t forget about the ease of installation. Reading kit reviews on popular e-commerce sites like Amazon and Walmart can be a good indicator as to how easy the lift kits are to install. You can also find how long the typical installation takes if you spend time carefully researching real customer reviews.
Another fundamental question is how much lift you are seeking. Different lift kits offer varying amounts of lift and remember that not all lift kits lift the front and back equally. Some Tacoma lift kits might focus on the front, rear, or full lifts. If all this information is enough to make you panic, then don’t worry!
Remember to pay special attention to the details of each Tacoma lift kit. Is it a front, rear, or full lift kit? Will the kit fit your specific make and year Tacoma? If you keep these two questions in mind, then you can proceed with confidence and choose the perfect lift kit that will turn your Tacoma into a backroad-hopping monster.
Top 5 Picks for the Best Tacoma Lift Kits
Let’s take a closer look at some of the best Tacoma lift kits we could find.
If you want your Tacoma to look like more of a monstrosity, then this full lift kit from Supreme Suspensions is worth checking out. The first thing you’ll notice about this lift kit is that it lifts both the front and back. If you want a higher suspension or more ground clearance, then this might be one of your top choices.
This Supreme Suspensions kit includes everything you need to get started. Contents include the tools and user instructions. So, you don’t have to bang your fist angrily on the hood of your Tacoma when you begin installing this kit. The kit itself includes a set of U-bolts that are coated with zinc phosphate and are ISO 9001 certified, so you know that these have been designed to meet quality standards.
It’s also important to note that this kit comes with different sizing options, so you have lots of flexibility regarding how much lift you want in the front and back. By default, we have chosen the 3” front and 2” rear option, however, you are free to choose different lifting options to match your preferences and style.
This lift kit has been positively reviewed on Amazon and is also a trendy model. You can feel confident that these lift kits are a top choice for many Tacoma lovers from all over the country.
- Can quickly improve the look of your Tahoma while granting a better ground clearance. Perfect if you want to install larger tires and rims.
- Lifts both front and back. Offers a 3” front lift and a 2” rear lift (and you can get lifts even higher if you wish).
- Easy installation that you can finish in roughly 2 to 4 hours.
- When you unbox this lift kit, you’ll find two front lift strut spacers, two rear lift blocks, four square U-bolts, and a Supreme Suspensions pro pack. You’ll also find the installation hardware and instructions so you can get everything assembled without any second-guessing or stress!
- Will not fit TRD models or 5Lug Off-Road models.
- A reviewer on Amazon experienced vibration after installing this kit on their Tacoma.
The ReadyLift 69-5212 is another full lift kit that can lift the front and rear of your Tacoma 3” and 2” respectively. This kit is popular, well-reviewed, and can be the perfect match if you want to install oversized tires or make your Tacoma look more impressive.
When you’re finished installing the ReadyLift 69-5212, your Tacoma will be ready to take on oversized tires up to 33 x 11.5 inches. Your wheel can be up to 8” wide with 5” backspacing. One of the best features of this well-reviewed lift kit is that the upper strut extensions are steel. You get the perfect strut to control arm alignment, so you know everything will feel fit, snug, and secure.
The estimated time of installation is only 2-3 hours, so you won’t have to wait forever and a day to get this kit installed. It’s also important to note that this kit has a very generous parts warranty of 5-years and 60,000 miles. The warranty, however, can only be redeemed if you have the kit installed professionally. Please see additional warranty information here.
- The kit offers a full lift on front and rear of your Tacoma.
- The kit affords a worthy 3” front lift and a 2” rear lift.
- The new height allows an impressive view for the driver and is a spectacle to behold.
- ReadyLift provides a generous warranty on parts for five years and 60,000 miles.
- You must have your kit installed by a professional if you wish to claim the 5-year warranty.
- A customer on Amazon wrote that the ReadyLift kit is overpriced.
If you want the perfect lift kit that won’t break the bank, then the Orion Motor Tech lift kit might be your best bet. The first thing to know about this kit is that you will be hard-pressed to find a full lift kit for less money than this.
This kit will allow you to lift the front and rear of your Tacoma without costing a fortune, and installation is simple. The kit itself is CNC machined using a solid aircraft billet, so you can be confident that the engineering is rock-solid and on point.
If you want to explore your local territory while ripping around off-road, then this kit can make it happen without dipping too deeply into the budget. Whether you know your way around the garage or you’re a novice, this lift kit is simple to use and will not require special tools to install.
The kit is also highly versatile and will fit your 2005 – 2019 Tacoma. If you’re frustrated trying to find a full lift kit for your year Tacoma, then this kit can make things easier for you. The best part is that this kit is very well-reviewed on Amazon. The lift kit is also a popular model so you can find plenty of feedback from real customers who use and love this kit.
- The kit offers a full lift of 3” in the front and 2” in the rear.
- The full lift helps to improve how your Tacoma looks.
- Includes necessary hardware and instructions, so your installation is less of a hassle.
- Easy installation due to a straightforward bolt-on process without the need for specialty tools.
- A very economical model lift kit with great reviews and low cost.
- The Orion kit is not compatible with 5-Lug models or TRD Off-Road models.
- You may have to correct your wheel alignment after installation so that you don’t rub and wear down your tires.
If you’re looking to lift the front end of your Tacoma, then this front leveling kit from Supreme Suspensions is worth a look. One thing you’ll notice right away about this lift kit is that the reviews are excellent, and the kit is also hugely popular.
You can provide your Tacoma with an enhanced look, increase the ground clearance, and fit your favorite custom tires by using this leveling kit. The kit itself is very inexpensive. You won’t have to spend much to get the look and feel you want out of your Tacoma if you decide to give this lift kit a whirl.
Please pay special attention to the different lifting options that this Supreme Suspensions kit provides. The lift starts at half an inch and goes all the way up to three inches, so you have flexibility when choosing how much of a lift you’d like. If you want more suspension, more clearance, and more freedom, then the 3” lift might be your best bet.
When you rip open the lift kit box, you’ll find two front strut spacers, plus all the necessary installation hardware. You’ll also see a handy-dandy installation guide that can make things easier for you. You’ll also find a supreme suspensions pro pack to help get you started.
- Different lifting options. You can get lifts in the following increments: ½”, 2”, 2.5” and 3” lift.
- Includes all the installation hardware and instructions you need so you can install the kit without stress.
- Very economical price that’s tough to beat.
- Arguably has the best reviews of any other Tacoma lift kit on this list.
- Not compatible with 5-Lug Tacoma models.
- Not compatible with 4Runner limited models with X-REAS struts.
Do you want a front leveling kit for your Tacoma that will make your Tacoma look better, while still being safe and super tight? Then this Dynofit 2” lift kit might be one of your best options.
This Dynolift kit made the list of the top 5 best Tacoma lift kits because the kit is very well-reviewed on Amazon. The kit’s also one of the most affordable options on this list. Combine the economy and style that this kit provides, in addition to simple installation and you have a serious contender.
Dynolift also offers a very generous warranty of 2 years. Dynolift blatantly advertises on their Amazon product listing page that they provide fast and courteous support and list 24 hours as response time. So, if you have any questions about this lift kit, the warranty, or the installation process, and if fast support matters to you, then this brand is worth a shot.
If you decide to snag this lift kit, you’ll find that the kit includes two front strut spacers and installation instructions. You also get a pro shockproof box and packing cushions to help keep everything snug and secure.
- The kit gives your Tacoma an improved look, increased ground clearance, and more height. You can add custom tires or rip and roar through your favorite off-road scenes.
- Kit installs easily without the need for special tools.
- Generous warranty of 2 years.
- Boasts responsive support that will reply within 24 hours.
- Will not fit 4-Runners with XREAS suspension.
- A reviewer on Amazon says that their 4-Runner looks better, however, is not level.
Comparing the Options
|Front vs. Full Lift||Added Lift||Price|
|Supreme Suspensions – Full Lift Kit for 2005-2019 Toyota Tacoma||Full Lift.||3” Front. 2” Rear. Lots Of Customizable Options!||$$$|
|ReadyLift 69-5212 Lift Kit||Full Lift.||3” Front. 2” Rear.||$$$|
|Orion Motor Tech Leveling Lift Kit||Full Lift.||3” Front. 2” Rear.||$$|
|Supreme Suspensions – Front Leveling Kit for 2005-2019 Toyota Tacoma||Front Lift Only.||2.5” Front.||$$|
|Dynofit 2” Front Leveling Lift Kits||Front Lift Only.||2” Front||$|
Choosing the perfect lift kit for your Tacoma starts with the unique model and year of your truck. Please pay very close attention to the instructions that your preferred lift kit provides. Your safety, the safety of your passengers, and the health of your Tacoma are all paramount.
Find a handful of kits that you might want to get. Then confirm that the kit fits with your unique Tacoma. Now ask yourself whether you want a front lift or a full lift. Depending upon how your Tacoma sits right now, a front lift might level off balance. A full lift can provide much more ground clearance for off-road trekking and adventurous tomfoolery.
Try to pay special attention to the different spacing options that different lift kits provide. Some lift kits come in a variety of sizes, so you can further customize your Tacoma and achieve the perfect height that you had in mind.
Always be sure to check the product warranty information before you buy, even though sometimes, the manufacturer doesn’t blatantly advertise this information. Knowing that the product manufacturer stands behind their products without you having to jump through hoops is a big deal, and worthy of consideration!
The price of lift kits is relatively low, so you won’t have to bend over backward to afford your lift kit. Try to keep your eye on the lift kit’s price, and balance that against the quality of any lift kit’s materials, and of course the lift kit’s reviews.
Customizing your Tacoma can be one of the coolest parts of being a Toyota owner! You’ve probably noticed that when off-roading, your Tacoma doesn’t have enough clearance to go over the trails and terrain that you’ve always dreamed of navigating.
That’s also why a Tacoma lift kit can be one of the coolest additions that you can have for your car. Be sure to always refer to the installation guide of any lift kit that you purchase, because a safe and effective fitting is of the utmost importance for your safety and performance.
When your Tacoma is ready and equipped with your new lift kit, be sure to have an absolute blast while showing off your new ride. Enjoy your time off-road, be safe, and thank you so much for reading this guide!